The March "Youth Against Gun Violence (Pt1)

Things on earth are not manifested until the heavenly realms have decreed them. To understand the things happening here in this world, we must give our self over to listen and obey God's voice and command. At Yokefellows Athletics Jesus always went to the people even through many rejected Him, as many did receive Him and were saved to have ever lasting life.  [John 3:15]. 

 

Its being a few months now and the Lord has pressed upon me to hear the cries of "Youth Against Gun Violence". the mothers, fathers, family and community. These are the cries of a falling world, where sadness. anger and bitterness are on the menu for the day. 

 As I gave up my Sabbath church attendance, with the conviction of God's word [Mark 2:27-28]  "And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: 28 Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath". I attended a city March "Youth Against Gun Violence" held in Toronto and embraced it from a social distance. Feeling a sense of separation, maybe because, its a day of rest and worship for me or because I haven't directly being impacted from gun violence to feel that emotion or the fact is; I have never being part of a March of any sort that I can remember. 

 


Having a sense of unfamiliar feelings as I attended this down town March, I found my self connecting with panhandlers, homeless and squirrels giving them a little joy of fries and pocket change. I was wearing my Yokefellows Athletics T'Shirt as I inter mingled throughout the day. I felt like God was saying to me "Don its your Ministry, represent it well".

 


While at the March I continued to stay on the outside looking in, there was a lot of personal stories shared by mothers of son's killed by gun violence, morning and crying was theme of this March and I  also, got it was a close community of remorse that embraced each other. I was able to meet Louie March (fitting name) very much a lead actives when it comes to  "youth against gun violence" and we exchanged cards. I'm looking to engage with him as Yokefellows heads in the direction of doing more community outreach as a channel of hope and opportunity for youth to walk away from guns and choose life. [Deuteronomy 30:19]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yokefellow our Foundation

The Count Down